I am running Butoh practice classes twice a week at Exchange.
The class runs from 11 am to 12.30pm.
The cost is 12 Euro per class or 50 Euro for 5 classes.
The classes aim to introduce Butoh practice from both dance and theatre aspects.
The class material will cover the following:
- warm up
- learning how to have a multitude of activities going on: "eyes like blossoming roses, you are walking in the desert and your heart is the sun" These might read odd but the aim is that of using internal bodies and target images and scenarios aid the acquisition of internal body movements.
- dance with one's own poetics
- explore the feeling of in-betweens and oppositions: dream and body, outside inside, slow-fast, breath and sweat.
The money gained from the classes goes partly as an ongoing fund-raising for the Butoh Festival, partly to Exchange, and the remaining to me.
I hope to see you there.
No previous dance or performing experience needed.
If you need more information, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or leave a message here.
Photos: First two photos Galway workshop rehearsing SHED
Third photo: Sankai Juku Butoh company.
- Butohcafe; Butoh dance practice
- Dublin, Ireland
- Butohcafe, a monthly event where you can come and experience Butoh dance and watch a performance; classes are for everyone, no previous experience needed. Events and classes are created with the intention of developing a Butoh appreciation in Dublin and Ireland.